Most of the info I have found for the care of a polished concrete floor is targeted to commercial cleaning or maintenance crews. After some trial and error, here's what we've come up with for maintaining our floors.
- Quick dust mop with microfiber broom helps keep small particles from collecting on the floor and causing scratches which make the floor look dull.
- Spot clean any spills immediately. Saturate spill with cleaner, let sit for a few minutes, wipe up before cleaner dries.
- Vacuum. Use a vacuum with a hard floor setting so the bristles do not repeatedly brush over the polished surface, causing abrasion.
- Spray on a pH Neutral Cleaner like Bona Stone Tile and Laminate Cleaner and wipe off with a microfiber mop before it dries.
- Apply a pH Neutral Cleaner like Zep Neutral Floor Cleaner with a Loop-End String Mop and mop up with clean water. A mop bucket on wheels with a wring basket, like this one from Rubbermaid, is a huge time saver!
- Rent a high-speed burnisher and buff the floor to renew shine.
What NOT to do:
Do NOT let spills set. Clean them up right away.
Do NOT use adhesives on the floor (like painters tape).
Do NOT use acid based cleaners like these:
- Swiffer Wet-Jet
- Citrus Based Cleaners
Big thanks to REFINE Concrete services for making our polished concrete dreams come true!
Stay tuned for an upcoming post on the details of our polished concrete floors!
Maintaining High-Traffic Polished Concrete Floors from ConcreteNetwork.com
POLISHED CONCRETE HOUSTON | THE BENEFITS from REFINE Concrete